Promote a healthier you with relaxation
Find out how Massage Therapy can benefit your health with Dr. Jay's Laser Medi Spa
What is a Massage Treatment?
Massage therapy is the manipulation of the soft tissues in the body including, muscles, connective tissues, tendons, ligaments and joints. Massage therapy is a clinically-oriented healthcare option that helps alleviate the discomfort associated with everyday activities, occupational stresses, over-use of muscle movement and many chronic pain conditions.
This type of treatment is recognized as one of the oldest methods of healing. Massage therapy is the manual manipulation of soft body tissue that stimulates and increases the general health and well-being of the recipient.
Massage Therapy can be used to treat both acute and chronic conditions.
What are the Benefits of Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy is generally considered an alternative medicine. It's increasingly being used with standard treatment for a wide range of medical conditions and situations. Studies have shown that massage therapy have demonstrated that it's an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain, and muscle tension.
Massage therapy can help:
- Ease muscle pains by increasing and improving circulation
- Improve sleep insomnia by promoting muscle relaxation /li>
- Boost the immune system by increasing white blood cell counts /li>
- Relieve headaches by releasing endorphins to help decrease the frequency and severity of the headache tensions Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections
- Soothe anxiety and depression with the association of human touch in the context that it's safe, friendly, and professional
Stress has a lot to do with the tension you feel in your shoulders. This typically can also affect your heart and your blood pressure. With that said, massaging the muscle tensions of these areas can help alleviate chronic pain as well as short-term stress.
A bad posture can quickly become a bad habit. However, massages can help loosen the muscles and joints to promote more natural body movements.
Increase circulation with more relaxation. Muscle tension constricts your circulation, massages help release those chronically tense and tightened muscles to increase blood flow and help flush out toxins from your body with more ease.
How does Massage Therapy work?
TIn a massage, a caring, safe touch is an invitation to relaxation. The relaxation point is where your heart rate, blood pressure, and your production of stress hormones decrease.
The physical manipulation in massages has two major physical effects:
- Increase in blood and lymph circulation
- Relaxation of the muscles, connective tissue, tendons, and ligaments to help release tension
Massage therapy relaxes the muscle tissues, which reduce painful contractions and nerve compressions. Touching the skin or applying pressure relaxes the muscles, tendons, and ligaments by activating neurological receptors that will promote better functionality.